Science (and the technologies that have grown from it) form the basis of everyday life, from the houses that we live in, the food that we eat, the cars that we drive, to the electronic gadgetry in almost every home that we use to remain informed and entertained.
The following list gives the many areas where CLF developments are impacting our on everyday life.
- Laser driven fusion as a future energy source
- Solar cells
- Cancer detection
- Cancer treatment
- Bone disease diagnosis
- Drug development and efficacy in cells
- DNA damage and repair mechanisms
- Global warming - study of aerosols
- Developing 'Environmental' bacteria
- Detection of land mines
- Detection of fissile material
- Detection of liquid and powder explosives through packaging