University of Warwick, IMC Auditorium, 4th December 2019, 10:00 – 17:00
As part of the current UK XFEL science case building exercise a series of themed Scientific and Technical Workshops are taking place around the country to facilitate community awareness and in identifying science and technology opportunities that can be included.
The purpose of the meeting is to explore the applications to technology, biomedicine and industry already being developed with X-ray FELs and to look at how this may further develop over the next decade or so.
On behalf of the organising committee, we would like to encourage you to participate. Also you may wish to give one of a number of short contributed talks (~10 minutes) on your current research, and what measurements and technology an XFEL of appropriate capability might enable in your field. If you are interested in giving a short talk please can you indicate your availability to speak at this event by responding to this message to Sven Schroeder email@example.com by the 20th of November. In any case please register at the link below if you wish to attend.
Agreed invited speakers include:
- Peter Dowding (Infineum) - “Dynamics in Complex Soft Matter: an Industrial Perspective
- Christian Bressler (Euro XFEL) - “Status and outlook of FXE for chemical dynamics and catalysis applications"
- Allen Orville (Diamond Light Source) – “XFEL applications in serial crystallography and some industrial impact"
Philip Withers (Manchester): Opportunities for Advanced Materials Research
David Rugg (Rolls-Royce): Time-Resolved Studies of Materials Dynamics
Ian K. Robinson (UCL): "Laser machining: what happens with ultrafast lasers?"
- Sven Schroeder (University of Leeds) - “X-ray probes for chemical technologies"
- David Dye (Imperial College) – “Some perspectives on X-ray FEL applications to engineering and manufacturing"
- Andrew Randewich (AWE) - “XFEL opportunities for AWE"
- Moataz Attallah (U.Bham) "Rapid Events in Materials Science and Advanced Manufacturing"
We look forward to seeing you there.