- BSc in Biochemistry and Biological Chemistry, University of Nottingham
- EPSRC funded PhD in Molecular Biophysics, investigating membrane mediated mechanisms of interkingdom signalling via quorum sensing in Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Eight years postdoctoral research at University College London (UCL) including: nanoparticle formulation and drug delivery across biological barriers, Biological and clinical Image segmentation & spatial statistics.
- Wellcome Trust funded Research Fellowship at Imperial College, Maximising information extraction from biologically derived imaging datasets.
- Honorary Senior Research Associate (UCL Institute of Ophthalmology)
GeneralBen joined the Octopus in 2019 as a Senior scientific software developer specialising in the automation and remote operation of microscopes and data analysis pipelines for single molecule imaging applications. He is working on the automation and clinical translation of the Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging with Photobleaching (FLImP) imaging technology for the diagnosis of lung cancer through measuring Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) oligomerisation. To date he has authored or co-authored over 30 publications and has ongoing collaborations in developing novel data visualisation approaches to facilitate clinical decision making and developing simulations to help better understand neurodegenerative disease processes.