As a mechanical designer, you will have up-close involvement with the ongoing experiments and scientists, building relationships with people from many different backgrounds. You’ll also be shown how components you’ve made have impacted the research that goes on here at the CLF.
- Maintaining our internally designed interlock systems and laser safety designs, working with scientists to take their vision of the experiment and help bring it into reality.
- Hands on manufacturing and assembly of the unique components that go into each laser.
- Collaborating closely with other disciplines.
“The best part of my role is the variety of work. We get to apply many different skills and use many different technologies. We are always learning and doing something different."
- Rafael Sarasola, electrical engineer.
Your role, whichever one you pick
Upon starting the job, you'll receive support from management and peers to learn the ins-and-outs of scientific lasers, as well as many opportunities for extra training in areas such as science, communication, management and writing.
Other benefits include:
- Travel opportunities for experiments, conferences, workshops and training.
- 30 days holiday and 2.5 privilege days per year. Additional leave over the festive period.
- Flexible working that lets you build up leave hours.
- Enhanced pay for maternity, adoption, maternity support (paternity) and shared parental leave.
- Defined benefit career average pension scheme.
- Workplace nursery.
To see what CLF jobs we currently have available, click here.