Being a scientist at the CLF gives you the opportunity to work with visiting scientists on their unique experiments, gain recognition through journal papers and make new connections with scientists from around the globe.
You can also conduct your own research using our range of high-spec lasers. We create a hands-on setting that allows you to really explore your ideas and propose new concepts.
You will do all of the above as part of a team across multiple laser areas.
You will do all of the above as part of a team on a specific laser area.
Your role, whichever one you pick:
Upon starting the job, you'll receive support from management and peers to learn the ins-and-outs of scientific lasers, as well as many opportunities for extra training in areas such as science, communication, management and writing.
Other benefits include:
- Travel opportunities for experiments, conferences, workshops and training.
- 30 days holiday and 2.5 privilege days per year. Additional leave over the festive period.
- Flexible working that lets you build up leave hours.
- Enhanced pay for maternity, adoption, maternity support (paternity) and shared parental leave.
- Defined benefit career average pension scheme.
- Workplace nursery.
To see what CLF jobs we currently have available, click here.