In order to do physics experiments on our high powered lasers, we often need a suitable target for them to hit.
At the CLF, we have an in-house group of people who prepare targets for our experiments. This talented group works with nanoscale materials such as foils and low density foams to create targets for world-class experiments.
Upon starting the job, you'll be supported by the target fabrication team who will give you training on how to construct our bespoke laser targets.
As part of this job, you'll benefit from meeting the many scientists who visit for experiments, as well as work closely with our friendly permanent staff. Due to your contributions, your name may be included on scientific papers.
Your role, whichever one you pick:
Upon starting the job, you'll receive support from management and peers to learn the ins-and-outs of scientific lasers, as well as many opportunities for extra training in areas such as science, communication, management and writing.
Other benefits include:
- Travel opportunities for experiments, conferences, workshops and training.
- 30 days holiday and 2.5 privilege days per year. Additional leave over the festive period.
- Flexible working that lets you build up leave hours.
- Enhanced pay for maternity, adoption, maternity support (paternity) and shared parental leave.
- Defined benefit career average pension scheme.
- Workplace nursery.
To see what CLF jobs we currently have available, click here.